Bandit Level 6 → Level 7
Bandit 7 is the eigth level of the OverTheWire Bandit wargame. In this level, we will learn how to search for files by owner and size.
- Open your terminal application.
- Enter the following command to ssh into the remote server:
ssh email@example.com -p 2220
- You will be prompted to enter a password. Enter the password from the previous level:
- Once you're logged in, run the following command to search for files that are 33 bytes in size and owned by user
find / -size 33c -user bandit7 -group bandit6 2>/dev/null
- This will output the location of the file. Use the
catcommand to read the contents of the file:
- You should now see the password for the next level which is
Congratulations! You have successfully completed Bandit 7 and obtained the password for the next level.