Bandit Level 10 → Level 11
Bandit11 is the twelfth level of the OverTheWire Bandit wargame. In this level, we will learn how to decode base64 encoded data to retrieve the password for the next level.
- Open your terminal application.
- Enter the following command to ssh into the remote server:
ssh firstname.lastname@example.org -p 2220
- You will be prompted to enter a password. Enter the password obtained from the previous level:
G7w8LIi6J3kTb8A7j9LgrywtEUlyyp6sand hit enter.
- You are now connected to the remote server and are able to execute commands.
- To retrieve the password for the next level, enter the following command:
cat data.txt | base64 -d
- The output of the command is the password for the next level
Congratulations! You have successfully decoded the base64 encoded data and retrieved the password for Bandit12.